Used Book Sales
book carts | book cellar | how to donate books | spring used book sale
Check the Friends Book Carts!
Every day, there are 4 carts on the main level stocked with fresh titles. Find a great variety of books, as well as videos and audiobooks, anytime the Library is open.
- Hardcovers: $1.00
- Paperbacks: $.50
- Childrens books: $0.25
- Videos: $1.00
- Gift quality books: $3.00
Select from a wider collection of materials in the Book Cellar, located on the Library’s lower level.
- Mondays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. & 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Saturdays from 1:30pm to 4pm
- Sundays from 1:30 to 4 p.m. (Labor Day to Memorial Day)
How to Donate Books
The Friends accept donations of gently used books, videos and DVDs, music CDs, audiobooks, and puzzles. Just bring your donations to Circulation area of the Northville District Library on the Main Level. If possible, we ask that you unpack them onto our donation carts.
Sorry, we cannot take the following types of materials:
- Books that are damaged, mildewed, stained or musty
- Objects (e.g., statues, picture frames, etc.)
- Readers Digest Condensed books
- Textbooks more than 3 years old
If you want a receipt for tax purposes, please note how many items you are donating.
For more information or to arrange for a large drop-off of books, please call the library at 248-349-3020.
Spring Used Book Sale
Don't miss this opportunity to purchase gently used books, DVDs, CDs and more at bargain prices! This popular event is sponsored by the Friends of the Library. Proceeds benefit the Library.
Join the Friends on Preview Night (Thursday, May 30) and stay for the sale that evening.
$5 bag sales Friday - Sunday.
- Thursday, May 30: 5 pm - 9 pm (Friends Preview Night)
- Friday, May 31: 10 am - 5 pm
- Saturday, June 1: 10 am - 5 pm
- Sunday, June 2: 1 pm - 3 pm